Tik-79.192 Special course in theoretical computer science
Autumn 1999 (2 cr)
This is a course on Kolmogorov complexity.
We will examine questions regarding among other things:
- randomness of finite strings and
- average case complexity of algorithms.
Simons:, Fridays 12-14, room TB353
- Patrik Simons: Fridays 14-15, room TB353
- Course material
- The course is based on Ming Li, Paul Vitanyi:
An introduction to Kolmogorov complexity and its
- Course requirements
- A passing grade in the exam.
Last modified: September 2, 1999